Air Filter Access 2012
Customers that are requiring quicker air filter access can do so as a alternative to the original battery box removal.
- Cut the heads off 4 x front brake lever pivot bolts.
- File the end of the bolt to give a taper.
- Check that the battery box locating holes are a tight fit with the studs
- Replace the original four bolts that hold the battery box down with the modified pivot bolts. (They must be tightened into the sub frame)
- Push the battery box onto the studs
- For removal of the battery box just lift the box off the studs for quick air filter access.
Please note that the battery box is a structural member of the sub frame and must not be removed when riding the bike.